Updating bathroom cabinets
Updating bathroom cabinets - Milf dating free no membership
The bathroom updating started pretty innocently, in fact it started with cleaning the tile floor.
Our take away lesson here is to make sure we are using wood stock that is the same thickness as the cabinet face frame to cut the bead molding from.Here is a more detailed play-by-play how-to: Step Two – Cut and install base board around the bottom of the cabinet. I cut miters for the corners with our compound miter saw, cut the other edges and curved radiuses with a coping saw, and then Jens saved me some time and cut the straight portion between the two “feet” with a straight cut bit in his router.I installed it with finish nails using a pneumatic nailer/stapler (aka nail gun).It was more art than science attempting to even out the reveal around the doors and make sure everything was hanging approximately even.(I used playing cards as shims to help get the right spacing around the perimeter) Remodelaholic is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Cassity started Remodelaholic with her husband, Justin, to share their love for knocking out walls together.In an attempt to achieve less visible brush marks I also mixed in some Floetrol latex paint additive.
It may have helped a little but there are still more brush marks than I’d like.Once the grout project was complete the vanity seemed somewhat tired (read really really dated, and more suitable for cabin/RV use, than a “modern” bathroom”).Brace yourselves because here’s the horrendous before picture.If you use different thickness’ the back edges don’t sit flush which can lead to hardware installation issues later.The other thing we’ll do different with our other cabinets is leave a smaller shoulder on the bead molding, just an aesthetic preference.The whole cabinet received multiple coats of grey primer and glossy black latex paint as well as some classy brushed nickel hardware to top it off. As far lessons learned, the old standby “take your time” really reared its ugly head on this one, we got impatient to get it completed and that caused some naggling little problems such as brush marks, inconsistent reveals between the doors and door frame and slightly off kilter knobs.